Monday, January 5, 2009

daddy daughter

So ruby just got into pre school and i was so excited and she way love's it, But today when i went and picked her up they gave me a paper saying that there going to focus a lot on family this year. Now that is great there are even doing love and logic classes that i am so excited about. The thing that I am nervous about is that this month they are focusing on male involvement in your child's life. Now of corse Ruby has male involvement in her life but that male can not be involved in her school at this point. So they want the kid's to bring in a male to school to read to the kids and they are basicly having a daddy daughter night but to be politicly correct they call it male involvement night or program or some thing. OK now those of you who know what my family is going through which out of the five people that read this I think you do, you know why this make's me cry. I just think this sucks because if john could be involved with the male week at school he so would, but he can't I just hope this dose not upset ruby to much. Well I just needed to wine about that for a sec and I put a cute picture of john being involved with his kid's 1/2 for proof that he is involved and 1/2 for the fact that people tend to comment more if there is picture's what is up with that.

fishing is a great daddy daughter activity.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yettie, first of all, the picture is super cute. I wouldn't assume at all that your husband doesn't spend time with your girls, even if he can't make it to the preschool activity. At least he's doing what he's supposed to, and not attending. You are amazing, I hope you know that. You'll be able to say just the right thing to Ruby and help her be okay. You're awesome! :) Always remember okay?

Jennie said...

haha...it's true....people do seem to comment more with a picture. It's an adorable picture too. :) I'm sorry about that week at school and that Jon cant be involved! That really sucks. Hopefully Ruby will understand! And I love that Thomas S. Monson quote you have on the side of your blog!

Carissa J said...

Lol! That's funny that people comment more when there are pictures... That really sucks that he isn't able to be involved at the school but I'm sure your daughter knows how much her daddy loves her and that's the most important!

Kyle and Jamie said...

I can't wait to see you!!! I don't have anything that day...that would be fun to do something!! You know I know Jon is a great dad!! You will know what to say...Plus Ruby is a great kid!! Love ya I will be counting down!!

Bodacious Barlows said...

Jess you are such an awesome mama. John is a great daddy and Ruby knows that he loves her. Ruby and John can always have daddy-daughter dates. Set up some fun activities that the two of them can do together while you and baby go grocery shopping or something. I just know you are both great parents and she knows that you both love her like crazy.