Tuesday, January 27, 2009

my head on

So friday morning Ruby and I were on our way to Rexburg she was going in for dental surgery she had a lot of bacteria and infection left in her mouth from when she fell out of our second story window and this had caused damage to the teeth so we were going to fix it. As soon as we were done with that appointment we were going to go strait on to Salt lake for my sister's fair well. So john and I decided that I should take our malibu that gets better gas milage then our pilot so I loaded up the malibu. Well that morning it was snowing and foggy and the roads were just horriable Just going from my home in victor to my in laws in Driggs I was scared to death so I told john I just didn't feel right about taking the car I wanted the suv with 4 weel drive but he insisted that I would be fine and we needed to save money and once I got past rexburg the roads would be fine. Well I never made it to Rexburg. While I was driving out there A car decided to pass when they shouldn't have and didn't see the car coming in the other lane and had to hurry and get back over causing me to brake when I did this in a car with no snow tires my back end started to slide in the other lane so I turned my stearing wheel to pull out of the slide and try and stay in my lane but the car in the other lane went into my lane to avoid me and we ended up hitting head on BAMM!! Well after regaining contuness of corse my first thought was of Ruby there were all ready people there and they were telling me she was ok. Then I relized that I couldn't see any thing out of my right eye and all this pain came rushing in to my face and leg. Well they brought me to the nearest hospital where they told me that I have just a very small hair line fracture in my ancle and the it is a pretty bad sprain but the worst was my eye I fractured the plate that your eye sits on and that all around my eye there was swelling from the injury. this made it so I could not see out of my eye today I have my forward vision back and hopefully when the swelling goes down I will get my partheral vision too. The rest of my injuries are just burns from the air bag and some whip lash. But I'll tell you what, it sure makes you appriciate being able to see having even part of your vision gone and I am so glad nothing happened to Ruby. I put some pictures of my car on here but sorry i did not want any pictures of myself taken but i think it looks a lot better then it sounds I just have a black eye now.



7 comments:

Michelle said...

Jessica, I am so glad you didn't get hurt any worse than you did! And I as so glad that Ruby is okay too!

Love, Michelle

Unknown said...

Again, I'm so glad you guys are okay, over all. I hope that your eye continues to heal and that all of your vision is able to return.

Janae said...

Wow, how scary. That's some bad damage to the car and YOU! Still, I'm so glad you're okay! Hope your trip was good after that.

Bodacious Barlows said...

Geez honey! I'm so glad you're ok and especially that Ruby is ok. I hope you get feeling better and that this blasted winter ends soon.

Jennie said...

Wow I am so glad you guys are okay! That would scare me to death! And your car looks aweful! I hope you guys can get everything taken care of! How was the other driver?

Kyle and Jamie said...

Jess...I am so glad you are ok also!! It was fun seeing you too...that stinks that you live so far away! I hope you get feeling better fast!

Sass said...

yikes that is so scary! I am glad you and Ruby are both okay!